Skip to content
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs torn fresh basil or thyme
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Halve the tomatoes horizontally and place, skin-side down, on a baking tray.
- Add a piece of garlic to each half, sprinkle with the sugar and drizzle the vinegar and oil over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 1 hour until softened and lightly charred.
- Set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature garnished with the basil or thyme.